1. INFORMATION WE COLLECTPersonal Information you disclose to us
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when:
- you register your account on our website and/or app;
- you complete your profile;
- you publish an event on our Service or participate any event published on Service;
- when you subscribe to a paid Service or make a purchase directly from us;
- you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our Services;
- you interact with our staff, including customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls or emails;
- you participate in a survey or questionnaire;
- you provide your testimony to be posted on the website and/or app;
- you request that we contact you or subscribe to our mailing list;
- you submit feedback;
- you submit your Personal Information to us for any other reasons.
In addition to the above, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Personal Identifiers such as name, email address, date of birth or age, billing address, username, password, phone number, picture, videos and other similar information;
- Diversity information including racial or ethnic origin, religious or other similar beliefs, and physical or mental health, including disability-related information;
- Financial Information such as debit/credit card information, bank account number and other similar details;
- Location information, such as geo-location;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us;
All Personal Information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such Personal Information
Data automatically collected
When you access or otherwise use Our Services, we automatically collect certain personal information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the website and/or app (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information.
- Device Data.We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the website and/or app. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data.We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the website and/or app. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- Social Media Login Data.When you register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, or other social media account, we may collect required and permitted Personal Information.
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only use Personal information as described in our Policy or as disclosed prior to such processing taking place. We only process your personal information for purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use personal information in the following ways:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process;
- To facilitate account creation and logon process;
- To manage your account;
- To fulfil and manage your purchase transaction;
- To analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections;
- To show user’s profiles to one another;
- To request your reviews and feedback on the product and the Service;
- To identify when you visit our website and/or app;
- To protect our website and/or app in order make it safe, secure and to prevent fraud;
- To send you marketing materials;
- To conduct research, analytics, development, and training opportunities;
- To fulfil our legal and compliance functions or obligations;
- To support our core business function;
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm.
We may use Non-Personal Information for the following purpose, including above purpose as well:
- For our own internal purposes;
- To measure traffic patterns;
- For the purpose of system administration;
- To enable us to analyse, research and track usage of the Service including conducting internal research on user demographics, interest, behaviour and trends among our users;
- To provide, improve and modify the website, app and the Service;
- To improve our algorithms, measure service usage, develop new features.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only disclose your personal and non-personal information in the ordinary course of our business to certain third parties approved by us to use on our behalf or otherwise, including:
- Corporate Affiliates. We may disclose your information with Our affiliates or subsidiaries for any of the purposes described herein;
- Users. Your personal information shall be shared and disclosed with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it;
- Event Organisers: Your personal information shall be shared with the event organiser when you signup to participate in any of the event published/marketed on our website and/or app;
- Service Provider. We may share and disclose your information with our service provider or third-party vendors that We retain to support our core business functions and internal operations;
- to our lawyers, auditors and professional advisors;
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as marketing, storage, website hosting, maintenance, data analysis, payment processing, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services, or to which we may outsource one or more aspects of our business, but only to the extent necessary for them to carry out their services for us;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- to our partners and investors or potential partners and investors and other parties with a view to a potential business partnership, collaboration, joint venture or otherwise in furtherance of our business; and/or
- to an acquirer of our business or assets or any part thereof.
- Email Tools - Mail Chimp - https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Invoice and Billing - Thrivecart -https://legal.thrivecart.com/platform/privacy/
- API - Eventbrite -https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-terms-of-service?lg=en_US
- Web and Mobile Analytics - Google Analytics -https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
Social Media Login
Google - https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (" DNT") feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Afiniu, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. AGE RESTRICTION
Children under 18 years of age are not allowed to use our website and/or and our Services are not targeted at children under the age of 18. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any personal data we receive from users we believe to be aged 18 or under will be removed from our database
6. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
8. RIGHT TO REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECTED FROM YOU
Based on the applicable laws of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your Personal information, please contact us at support AT afiniu.com
9. SECURITY OF THE WEBSITE
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures such as HTTPS, SSL certification, TLSv1.2, TLSv1.3 designed to protect the security of any Personal Information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, transmission of Personal Information to and from our website and/or app is at your own risk. You should only access the website and/or app within a secure environment
10. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT of 2018 (CCPA) NOTICE
This notice applies solely to all visitors, users, consumer and sellers who reside in the State of California (“CA Consumers”) and is presented in compliance with the CCPA.
The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as "non-residents."
If this definition of "resident" applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
categories of personal information we collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, username, email, profile picture, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name, general and specific demographic data and shipping/billing/physical addresses||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, physical characteristics or descriptions, address, financial information||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||YES|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, payment information, return history, survey responses, product preferences,||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints,||NO|
|F. Internet or another similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements,||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location,||YES|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings for the purpose of customer service,||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us,||NO|
|J. Education Information||Student records and directory information||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||transaction patterns, preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior and attitudes||YES|
Sharing of information with third parties
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be "selling" of your personal information.
We have not sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. We will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website and/or app visitors and user.
Your rights with respect to your personal information
Right to request deletion of the data - Request to delete
You have the right to ask for deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as, but not limited to, the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Request to know
You have the right to request and to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal information if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data.
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at support AT afiniu.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
11. RIGHTS OF EU USERS
- You have the right to obtain confirmation if your personal information is being processed by us. If that is the case, you can access your personal information and the following information: (a) the purposes of the processing; (b) the categories of personal information; (c) to whom the personal information have been or will be disclosed; (d) the envisaged period for which the personal information will be stored, or the criteria used to determine that period.
- If you would like to have a copy of your personal information from us, we will provide it based on (1) you will prove your identity, (2) it will not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- You have the right to demand that we erase your personal information, and we shall erase it without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies: (a) this personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed; (b) you withdraw consent if the processing was based on your consent, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing; (c) you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds; (d) your personal information have been unlawfully processed; (e) your personal information have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
- You have the right to receive your personal information which you provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another company, where: (a) the processing is based on your consent or on a contract; and (b) the processing is carried out by automated means.
- You have the right to withdraw you consent for processing of your personal information at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes GDPR.
13. CONTACT US
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at support AT afiniu.com.
Princesa de Éboli, 84